The week’s writing was kicked off and hosted by blogger Deanna at From Casinos to Castles.
Each day of the week a different writer and topic is discussed.
- Monday – The Value of Expat & Travel Writing by Charlotte at Sherbet and Sparkles
- Tuesday – A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words by Amy Lynn Hayes of Créatrice Mondial
- Wednesday – What I Learned From Criticizing Russia by Polly Barks of A Girl and Her Travels
- Thursday – Why Travel? Why Write? by ME!!
- Friday – How To Be A Professional Travel Writer by Michelle McAnally of A Mississippi Expat in Scotland, Adventures in the Mother Country
I recommend you check out the whole series, as the writing is pretty stellar all around.
Additionally, yours truely is the Thursday feature. Even though I rarely write about my travels on this blog, I thought it would be nice to write about travel literature since I find it so absolutely inspiring to write about and to offer ideas to travel onto further unexplored destinations.
My piece is on exactly that, two authors I have found most inspiring to my journeys beyond my home. The others are, of course, worth a look to as they discuss how to write about your travels, how to create a blog, article, or entire story from a photo and other aspects of the genre.
I am currently on a little mini vacation of sorts which will hopefully inspire my next post…until then please check the pieces from the Writing Around the World series out, especially mine, and be inspired to travel on yourself and/or write about your experiences even if it is only across the state line.