I said I would post it didn’t I? Yes, I did. Here is the “Shit Portlanders Say” and it is pretty spot on in my opinion. I am guilty of saying many of these things:
The only inaccuracy I found with the video is regarding the Portland nightlife. It was rare if ever that I felt like that when going out, especially the last couple of years that I lived there. Many places were so insanely crowed that waiting in line seemed silly – and usually was!
From YouTube here are some of the things commenters said were missing:
- I have a full-time job as a student.
- I just moved here from Seattle.
- My unemployment just ran out.
- I work at Intel.
- I’m part of Occupy Portland.
- I’m going to a Trailblazers game.
- I don’t own a car.
- I’m pawning this stuff for an awesome new tattoo.
- I’m a DJ. (who isn’t, or even better I’m in a band, I play guitar!)
- I’m not a hipster.(Guilty! Does this mean that I am regardless simply because I am from PDX?)
- We don’t take plastic. Cash only. (Sounds like Germany!!)
- That strip club has the best steak dinner in town.
(via magdalen23) Good job by the way of hitting the nail on the head here!! Unfortunately, I have been on both sides of your description of Shit Portlanders say!
- “The X-Ray? It’s a fucking church now!”
- “Yeah, I stopped doing meth, moved in with my parents in Aloha. Can I bum a smoke?”
- “I’m writing a memoir.”
- “The Big Bang is a fucking hotel now!” (The Big Bang closing was sad, sad day!)
- “Congrats, I heard you’re in the Whitney Biennial next year. So am I!”
- “Yeah, I’m still a book scout.”
- “Congrats, I heard you’re James Beard Chef of the Year. Can I bum a smoke?”
- “Coffee Time is still fucking Coffee Time!”
- “I didn’t know it’d be so hard to find a job here.”
And for those of you that are familiar with the ‘couve, this video is for you (as if you haven’t seen it yet):