You helped make this blog the number 72nd blog on International eXchange and eXperience top 100 blogs competition for 2014
So, that shameless self promotion worked and thus, I want to extend my sincere gratitude to you, all my readers and visitors who voted for this blog as a top blog. It means a lot to me, as an expat without my real family nearby and sometimes feeling a little crazy for my day-to-day experiences and ruminations.
The IX14 (International eXchange and eXperience blogs) is a competition by bab.la and Lexiophiles. It presents you with the current year’s top 100 blogs on living abroad. The IX blog competition has been running for six years (check out the 2011, 2012 and 2013 results, too).
You should click on the first link above to see the other top blogs that made the list as there seems to be some quality, creative blogs on the list and I think I’ll be learning about some new favorites myself! I’ve already opened about 20 blogs in different windows on my computer because they look so interesting! I see inspiration and new connections ahead! I promise to share the love as I go!
Thanks again for all your nominations on the bab.la/ Lexiophiles sites as well as all of your interest in my blog!
One thought on “You really like me”
Speaking of which….I just wanted to let you know I really enjoy your blog and have nominated you for the Liebster Award — there’s no trophy or sash, but you’ll hopefully have a warm fuzzy feeling of being appreciated (and cross-promoted).
Official rules with variations: http://wordingwell.com/the-liebster-award-the-official-rules-my-first-blog-award-and-a-few-personal-secrets-revealed/
I totally understand if this is not your bag and if you don’t want to pick up and carry the torch — no problem, and no offense taken. In any case, I hope the extra traffic across your site from my own links will be helpful and appreciated.
Here are your questions:
1. Why did you start your blog, and why did you choose this name?
2. What is your idea of the perfect night out?
3. What is your favorite article of clothing and why?
4. If you were a pizza, which one would you be?
5. Name your top 5 all time favorite guilty-pleasure songs.
6. If you could choose to live on any island, which would it be and why?
7. What is the farthest you have travelled? What brought you there?
8. Beatles or Stones?
9. If you could be any breed of chicken, which one would it be? Why?
10. Who do you want to be when you grow up?
11. How much wood does a woodchuck actually chuck? (It’s one of the burning issues of our time…I can’t believe no one has ever properly answered it, but go on… have at it!)